Sacramento Ant Exterminators
Call North American Pest Management for Fast, Reliable Pest Control
Ants are pesky insects that often invade homes looking for food and water. Once you have ants in your home, they can be particularly tricky to get rid of. If you are tired of buying useless ant traps and want your ant problem handled once and for all, North American Pest Management can help. The Sacramento ant control experts we hire are all fully trained and can provide you with practical solutions for your ant infestation. For 35 years, North American Pest Management has brought Sacramento the best in pest control services. We can use our experience and our passion to help you resolve your issue today.
Have ants taken up residence in your home? Call North American Pest Control Management at (916) 884-6620. We can help.
How Ants Get into Your Home
Because they are so small, ants have a relatively easy time finding their way into people's homes. From poorly sealed doors and windows to torn screens to cracks in your foundation, ants are very industrious and good at finding access. They are drawn indoors looking for water and food. In Sacramento, where it gets very hot, you are likely to notice them coming in during the summer months. During the winter, they are often driven to look for food.
Species of ants in the Sacramento area are:
- Argentine ants: often found in moist or damp areas, such as around leaky pipes
- Carpenter ants: frequently nest in wet, rotting wood
- Odorous house ants: typically found around food and in kitchens
- Pavement ants: usually found outside in sidewalks and driveways
- Fire ants: are found around food and pet food that is left out
- Harvester ants: reddish, typically stay outside and are most interested in seeds
- Pharaoh ants: very small, and are found around food, especially meat and sweet foods
Ants should not be left unchecked. In addition to spreading bacteria, many ants are known to sting and bite and can hurt you, your family, and your pets.
Signs You Have an Ant Problem
It is not uncommon to find the occasional stray ant in your home. However, if you see several, or if you see a whole trail of ants in your home, it is recommended that you seek professional ant extermination services. While you may be able to buy a spray from the hardware store and kill the visible ants, this doesn't stop them from coming back. You must identify where and how they are getting in, seal all possible entrances, and work on preventative measures.
Signs of an ant infestation include:
- Live ants around food
- Dead ants around drains and sinks
- A trail of ants going into your home, even if you cannot see where they are going
- Anthills or ant colonies around your foundations or in your yard
- Ant pheromone pathways in or around your home
Our Services are Safe for Children & Pets
Dealing with an ant infestation doesn’t have to be a headache. North American Pest Management is a family-owned, local pest control business. The Sacramento ant control professionals we work with utilize our proven process that is successful and safe. We know how important it is that you receive quality services that exceed your expectations. When you hire North American Pest Management, you can be sure you are receiving professional pest control services that are focused on your needs. We will never pressure you to buy things you do not need or want.